“Online dating is a system that enables strangers to find and introduce themselves to new personal connections over the Internet, usually with the goal of developing personal, or romantic relationships. An online dating service is a company that provides specific mechanisms for online dating through the use of Internet-connected personal computers or mobile devices. Such companies offer a wide variety of unmoderated matchmaking services, most of which are profile-based.” Wikipedia
Online dating is the new thing for us, if you feel ashamed.. DON’T. I would say it has many perks, and very convenient. Many people have found love and success from online dating. Also, you have to be very careful when dating people you have no background on. Be open, as well as smart and cautious. Random Fact: I absolutely love the movie, “You’ve Got Mail” with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks… If you haven’t seen it, check it out! That movie alone made me; A) love Starbucks, and B) take a stab at online dating.
Online dating doesn’t have as much stigma as it used to. With about 40 million Americans using dating sites and apps, it’s becoming more and more common for people to meet and date online. Not to mention the fact that we spend most of our time connecting through our phones on social apps like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat anyway. I found a few pros and cons on online dating.
- 40% OF AMERICANS HAVE TRIED ONLINE DATING… INCLUDING ME… YOU AREN’T ALONE
- DATING SITES MATCH BASED ON COMPATIBILITY AND PERSONALITY
- MEET PEOPLE YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE EVER CROSSED PATHS WITH
- ONE OUT OF FIVE RELATIONSHIPS START ONLINE
- IF YOU SEEK OUT A PAY SITE YOU USUALLY HAVE BETTER QUALITY
- IT’S A CROWDED DIGITAL SPACE… YOU COULD POTENTIALLY SEE SOMEONE YOU KNOW. 🙈
- YES, PEOPLE DO LIE ON THEIR PROFILES. #CATFISH 🙄
- YOUR BEST CHANCE IS STILL MEETING THROUGH A FRIEND
With all that being said, the choice is yours. I’ll reiterate the importance of being safe! Do not share too much information too fast. If you have police officer friends, have them run their background.. Hilarious, but I am so serious. 😂